This past weekend I celebrated 3 birthdays:
1.) My friend Holly's little girl, Kate, turned ONE.
2.) My mother-in-law turned another year older. (women don't tell their ages!! )
3.) And Nic's grandmother turned another year older.
Kate's birthday was at Holly's parents (The Whitaker's) house. I couldn't stay long but I did get lots of quality time in with the babies before I left! I played with baby Bailess majority of the party (bc Kate was napping).
Happy Birthday, Kate!
Kate is walking
Bailess LOVES smiling for me!
Precious Baby!
For my mother-in-law and gmaw in law (ha ha), we had all of Nic's family over for dinner.. Parker's, Meeks' and Williams. We have never done this many for a "sit down" dinner so I was a bit stressed on where everyone would sit. 18 mouths to feed means 18 chairs.
Oh how I love it when a "compulsive purchase" (as Nic refers to them) comes in hand. A few weeks ago, I found 2 beautiful antique pieces that I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT. A 1920's server (with BEAUTIFUL detail and a deep drawer) and an English gate leg drop leaf table. I begged Nic for 2 days to let me borrow his truck. Finally he gave in and both tables found themselves as bedside tables in our master bedroom. They both work perfectly because they are tall and wide enough for lamps, picture frames, magazines and all the junk that tends to pile up. When I bought the drop leaf, it came with 6 wooden/leather antique chairs-which I intended to consign or something because I didn't know where to store them. Luckily they stack well so Nic let me keep them too=) For the party, I pulled the table into the den and extended both sides up. Extra seating for 6 now! Nic actually complimented the table and told me what a great purchase it was (this is something we VERY RARELY see eye-to-eye on).
Saturday morning Nic got up early with me and we went to the Farmer's Market for fresh flowers, vegetables and pumpkins.
Dinner included beef burgundy over cheese grits, port tenderloin with roasted vegetables, green bean casserole and sweet potato biscuits.
Oh how I love it when a "compulsive purchase" (as Nic refers to them) comes in hand. A few weeks ago, I found 2 beautiful antique pieces that I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT. A 1920's server (with BEAUTIFUL detail and a deep drawer) and an English gate leg drop leaf table. I begged Nic for 2 days to let me borrow his truck. Finally he gave in and both tables found themselves as bedside tables in our master bedroom. They both work perfectly because they are tall and wide enough for lamps, picture frames, magazines and all the junk that tends to pile up. When I bought the drop leaf, it came with 6 wooden/leather antique chairs-which I intended to consign or something because I didn't know where to store them. Luckily they stack well so Nic let me keep them too=) For the party, I pulled the table into the den and extended both sides up. Extra seating for 6 now! Nic actually complimented the table and told me what a great purchase it was (this is something we VERY RARELY see eye-to-eye on).
Saturday morning Nic got up early with me and we went to the Farmer's Market for fresh flowers, vegetables and pumpkins.
Dinner included beef burgundy over cheese grits, port tenderloin with roasted vegetables, green bean casserole and sweet potato biscuits.
Pumpkin Flower Arrangements
Birthday girls
I fell in love with the mini pumpkins and had to figure out a way to incorporate them into the table setting. I must say....making the slits int he pumpkins and shoving cards in them is harder than it appears! Next time, I'll be using superglue!
The Meeks
Green Bean Casserole
Pork Tenderloin
Pork Tenderloin over roasted vegetables
Ryan & Taylor
Makenzie & Logan
Precious Tyler
Chef Nic
Sweet Potato Biscuits
My new drop leaf table =))





No comments:
Post a Comment