Wild Weather Wednesday!

So I'm driving across the bridge from the East to the West Bank in New Orleans around lunch today when I get a phone call that the appointment I'm heading to is canceled due to severe weather and flooding. Great. I can't turn around at this point because I'm on the (large METAL) bridge so.. I continue to the West Bank to realize...the guy was right. This place FLOODS! I finally find an exit, turn around without flooding my car out and make is safely to my hotel. Damn anxiety...I was literally shaking! Hate driving in bad weather. Hate bad weather, period!  
Done for the day and its only 1. What to do? Absolutely nothing because the weather heading this way is worse. Yikes! Bored in a hotel (downtown New Orleans) by myself... pinterest, facebook and blog...here we go!

Call to check on my grandaddy -he had heart surgery this morning-grandmother informs me, a tornado touched down in Vicksburg on Porter's Chapel Rd. Wonderful. Then...she informs me that Rankin County has a tornado warning right now. Lovely! Sure hope my house isn't blown away!

Happier news... found out Monday that we have a FULL PRICE offer on our house. Was it listed? Nope! Ha. The lady that originally put an offer on our house weeks ago (for that short period it was listed) has called our realtor back and wants to know when/if we are willing to sell it. She will pay full price if we'll sell it. Easy enough. Consider it SOLD! The closing should be on or before April 13.

Most people would be FREAKED out but we aren't. We will be moving to East Over and renting a house from Nic's boss.

Last week we narrowed down our lot search and we are so pleased~ Since then,  we have signed the papers, put earnest money down and now just waiting to close. We are super excited. We picked our builder and hoping the house will be completed and moved in by October!

We have yet to start the building process but to sum up my experiences thus far...choosing a lot and house plan is STRESSFUL! We looked in 10+ neighborhoods and had the same problem EVERYWHERE. Lots are not big enough! Nic would get the dimensions of each lot, draw our house plan on the lot and then explain to me how LITTLE our yard would be. So....this basically ruled out SEVERAL neighborhoods. We finally found a lot (a little under 1 acre) that our house plans fit on well with a big backyard and side yard! Now...let the real stress of building begin=)

We will be calling "Indian Creek" home!



Welcome to Indian Creek,

a premiere gated residential development created by Gus Primos. Indian Creek, located in Flowood, Mississippi, features spacious and peaceful homesites, lofty hardwoods and pines, privacy and security--truly the feel of country living only minutes from Jackson.

No comments: