Last Saturday (11th), I threw Nic a surprise 30th birthday. His "real" birthday isn't until the 24th BUT... he isn't easy to surprise so I figured the sooner, the better! And... my rationalizing worked...he was very taken back! Seeing his face when he walked in was priceless and I would go through all the headache/stress again!!
When he woke up Saturday morning, I surprised him with a "happy" in a mustache bag (his 1st hint,,, ha ha). It was a beautiful TailorBird button up. A brand that he loves but can rarely find anywhere! To his surprise...I do occasionally listen to him and know what he likes ....I ordered the shirt from the company weeks in advance to ensure he would have something new to wear for his "big day"! He opened the gift and loved it but didn't understand why I gave it to him...so I then gave him a bag with his sports coat, jeans, boots and toiletry items and told him "good-bye until 7:30!"
After he left, I didn't really care what he did...I had too much to get together...he ended up going to his office and worked on landscape drawings, taxes, etc. That afternoon he went to see a movie and then ended his day at a friends house for drinks (and to get dressed).
Fast forward............PARTY TIME (7:30)
Since we are in the front of the neighborhood, I had to come up with a creative way to "hide vehicles", so... I rented a
For the party I went with a mustache, whiskey and cigar party theme... I tried my hardest to keep it southern and masculine=)
Party pics..
Mustache wreaths, of course!
The lovely whiskey bar...I searched for WEEKS to find 2 barrels....if you ever find some, BUY THEM!
They are EXTREMELY hard to find!
Cake & Cupcakes by The Turquoise Chandelier
Precious (delicious) mustache cookies, compliments of my
fabulous friend, Brooke Cheslek!
I went through lots of facebook pictures and came across 5 or so with Nic holding or smoking a cigar (and holding whiskey) and tried to incorporate them in with decor.
And the coolest part of the entire party (to Nic) was the fabulous hand rolled cigars by,
Felix Huelga
One happy happy birthday boy! This was the highlight of his night!
Such a wonderful surprise...my aunt and uncle (Mary & Mike) flew in from Houston to surprise Nic
(Nic and Mike 1st "bonded" over cigars so it was only fitting for him to come, of course!)
Nic and his sweet Momma!
CHAOS
The Party was a blast...poor Remi couldn't hang!
Thanks to all my sweet friends for all your help! (and keeping me sane!)
and
Happy Birthday week to my sweet husband!













3 comments:
You did such a WONDERFUL job Bug!! Everything was perfect and I know Nic Nic appreciated all of it!!!
Looked at pictures and saw my cousin Casey Hill, but no Amanda. Guess she was workineg.
Love this!! Such a great time, and you worked so hard on the party!
Post a Comment