When Nic isn't working for everyone else, he is steadily working on projects in our yard...with a kitchen garden, rose garden, English garden and outdoor kitchen in the "project books"... there is very little down time around our house.
Over the last couple of weeks Nic has worked super hard on the kitchen garden. He has planted romaine lettuce, butter crunch lettuce, red lettuces, brussel sprouts, strawberries, red & yellow sweet onions (and maybe peppers too?!) and blueberry trees. Almost done with the kitchen garden, thank God!!! Then moving on to the next project....
I did assist when it was time to set the boxes in place!
Few snow delays..
Supervisor Remi enjoys being outdoors while Nic is working, especially on 60-70 degree days=)
Blueberry trees along the fence
6 planter boxes and pots...
We will be supplying the entire neighborhood!
Although I've been known to show my frustration with all these projects we have going on...I must admit, I'm so so proud of Nic... there has been so much work involved with doing this kitchen garden that I could have never foreseen. Working all by himself, this man installed 2 French drains (and miles and miles of pipe!), 8 tons of gravel, over 15 yards of a special blended soil mix, built 6 cedar boxes & installed drip irrigation in all the boxes.
We are still waiting on some veggies/produce to come in and/or to be planted: heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, eggplant, peppers & cabbage
Herbs will be...mint, basil, oregano, thyme, chives, rosemary, tarragon, cilantro & sage
Several pots will have citrus trees, fig tree, raspberry and blackberries (on trellis)
AND...to keep me happy, a rose garden has been installed behind the kitchen garden (along the fence bordered by stone) that will have 3 varieties of long stem roses and hybrid tea roses that I CAN CUT!!!!! I'm WAY more excited about roses than veggies!
English Garden & other pics to come... (hopefully soon!!!)






No comments:
Post a Comment