Celebrate good times, come on

my old college roommate and post-college roommate, Lauren Ann Greenlee (better known as LA Green-a VERY talented jewelry designer) got engaged 2 weeks ago. I was one of the very first people she called, yes I feel special!!! Nic and I were at dinner with my parents and my phone started blowing up. Of course, trying not to be "tacky" (as my mom would say if I would have answered), I screened the phone call with plans of just calling her back after dinner-then... Nic's phone starts ringing. No more screening, I had to answer. As soon as I picked up, she screams, "WE'RE ENGAGED!" This completely made my night, seriously. Lauren Ann is an amazing person, truley "one-of-a-kind!" She has been such an awesome friend to me and I have been looking forward to the day that they got engaged!! I wish ALL the best for her and Michael.
Now, about Michael.... he is a country boy (and I dont mean redneck....just good ole country boy) from Ackerman, MS. He loves to hunt, fish, etc etc....he is close to his family, works VERY hard, helps Lauren Ann with her jewelry line and so many other wonderful things. They started dating several years ago when LA lived in Starkville. He chased her around for awhile but was too shy to ask her out (well, thats my take on it, ha) None the less, they are getting married next April and I am one of their biggest fans!!!!!!!
Aren't they a pretty couple? This is a picture of Michael and Lauren Ann that I found....this picture shows their personalities so well!
This picture doesn't do that ring justice! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!


I had a few girls over for dinner to celebrate Lauren Ann's engagement and Mallory's birthday! I tried a few new recipes and we sipped on wine followed by TWO fun-fetti cakes!

Mallory was my little sis in Phi Mu and she's my best friend's (real) little sister. She and her sister (Sarah May, whom i've been best friends with since pre-school days) moved to Georgia about 12-13 years ago. I was devistated when they moved but our parents allowed us fly back and forth for birthdays, graduations, etc so our friendship never faded. A VERY long story short... Mallory moved to Jackson after college and now works for Blue Cross Blue Shield AND lives approximately 1 mile down the road from me! Sarah just recently moved to Jackson from Chattagnooga, TN and lives approximately 2 miles from me. Funny how things worked out. I used to pray and pray that one day they would move back to MS because I hated being so far away and damn if those prayers didn't work out for all of us! Yay!

Below is a picture of the bride-to-be and birthday girl-Lauren Ann and Mallory (Anna Bailey, Mallorys roommate is the pretty girl in red and Sarah May in black)

No comments: