This Saturday, like last... we did a little shopping because there was literally nothing else to do.... and conveniently ended up at The Fresh Market (heaven to Nic-overwhelming to me). There were so many mouth-watering choices of meats so I walked to the jellybean selection while Nic narrowed it down...... Bone-in rib eye...works for me!
Nic and I booked it to the 5:30 service at Church so we could TRY and sleep in a little on Sunday. Service was good. Three little old men sat down in front of us. They all must have planned to meet each other there (which I think is awesome) because they welcomed each other with hand shakes and smiles then scooted over to let the other sit. As the mass went on, the man on the far left (the oldest of the 3) started shaking his left arm and hand, then squeezing his left fist (he did this over and over for awhile)...so i'm assuming he lost feeling in that entire left limb.
I FREAK OUT ...oh lord, please dont let this be the beginning of a heart attack---I've always heard you have pain, numbness, tingling, etc starting in your left arm..AHHHHHHHHH I'm scared at this point and I'm definitely not paying attention to the readings. I turn to Nic and point out what the poor little old man is going through...of course he "shh's" me and turns back. (that made me want to say something REAL ugly but I had to keep in mind we are in the MIDDLE of the pew in the MIDDLE of the church and everyone can probably hear EVERYTHING I say) I watched this little "episode" go on for about 15 minutes...I kept trying to look around the man and see what his facial expressions were... like was he worried and looking scared, content with no emotion, smiling because he's just happy to be at church (with his buddies)-----I was making more of a scene leaning over, trying to see his face than he was shaking his entire arm and retracting his fist. I just started praying REALLY hard for this little poor old man and the more I prayed, the more at rest I became until a second thought hit me....does he have any family? What if something happens to him when he leaves church--will someone be around to take him to the emergency room? Ok...back to praying..I can't analyize everyone's situation in the church or I will walk out of here more worked up than the people in the situations.
About that time, Nic turns to me for the check to put in the offering basket...I dont have the check because I GAVE IT TO HIM WHEN WE WALKED IN. He argues with me (yes people probably heard it all) that I NEVER gave him the check. I knew for a fact that I did (plus, i'm always right, ha) because I didn't bring my purse in and he was to hold my keyes and the check in his pockets. Needless to say we looked all around our pew, looked in the hymnals, the weekly handout, dumped out both of Nic's pockets and about the time we gave up, I stood up and THERE IT WAS! The check was under me, which it shouldn't have been but I had no desire to continue that argument. I was just glad I found it AND glad the worry of it took my mind off the poor little old man in ftont of me.
Finally we get home, I decide after that mass I needed some wine--yay for being Catholic, nothing wrong with that!! Nic prepares our dinner. We had bone-in rib eye with caramelized onion jam, roasted asparagus, garlic, cheddar and chive mashed potatoes followed by my wonderful homemade banana split cake


No comments:
Post a Comment