This month has almost completely flown by (like all summer months do) but Nic and I have gotten in LOTS of family time. The month of June happens to be his dads birthday (6th), my dads birthday (17th), my cousin Caroline's birthday (19th) and my grandmothers birthday (21st) as well as my 3 friends Alicia (21st), Becca (27th) and Lindsey (27th). I'm usually pretty good with remembering birth dates basically because they are kind of a BIG DEAL.....so as a shout out to all of you-HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!
Nic and I love to entertain so we figured having all these family members over for dinner would be a special way to celebrate their birthdays--not all at one time though, of course. First we did his family to celebrate his dads birthday (#55, I think?). We had his parents, grandparents, sister, bro-n-law and nephew all over a couple of for a wonderful steak dinner...prepared by Chef Nic! The difference in family gatherings with his family and mine...they bring sweet tea and my family brings the booze...seriously! But I managed to sneak in some mango margaritas....I knew the heat would tempt his dad to try one...which he did and he LOVED IT! 
Ingredients
Sugar, for rim of glasses
1/2 lime, cut into quarters
1/2 cup tequila
2/3 cup mango nectar
3 tablespoons bottled lime juice
1 cup ice cubes
Directions
Spread a thin layer of sugar on a saucer. Run 1 lime wedge around rim of 2 margarita or martini glasses. Press rims into sugar on saucer to create narrow sugared edge on each glass.
In a cocktail shaker or small pitcher, combine tequila, mango nectar, lime juice and ice cubes. Shake or stir vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain equal amounts into each glass. Squeeze juice from 1 lime piece into each drink and drop lime piece in. Serve immediately
The dinner was wonderful and the memories are priceless but Mr. Billy wasn't "aloud" to drive home so his wife did=) I think he enjoyed my mango margaritas a little too much=SUCCESS!!
Now on to the 2nd birthday celebration...THE HADENS.
My parents, Haden grandparents, sister and her boyfriend, Rob all came to celebrate. This dinner was held on Sunday, Fathers Day. We had a great time, everyone left with fully bellies and wonderful bday/fathers day gifts.
I love any excuse to pull out the fine china!
My sister, mom and I with the birthday boy on Fathers Day!
My awesome grandaddy JB on Fathers Day. He got several new shirts and as you can see, he was excited! He and my grandmother didn't want a thing in the world but we think birthdays and holidays are extra special and they are very deserving!
And there is that cute,Chef Nic! He prepared appetizers-- whipped garlic goat cheese and sherried tomatoes on cheese crisps, a salad--spring mix lettuce with dried cranberries, blue cheese, roasted pecans and creamy balsamic vinaigrette, soup--summer corn soup, main course--beef tenderloin, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and horeradish cream and per request....a homemade pecan pie w/ ice cream.




No comments:
Post a Comment