Lake Fun

This past weekend, we were "Doin' Bruin" again. My good friend Anna Federick got engaged on Friday night so she and her fiance' came down Saturday to celebrate and show off her BLING!! We had a great time and I had a blast talking wedding plans with her all day Saturday!! (Although, I'm soooo glad its her, not me!)

Remi enjoyed himself as well. We discovered that he LOVES the jet ski's (or maybe he just doesn't like for me to leave his side) Everytime I got on the jet ski and took off, he jumped in the water, swimming after me. It was cute but quickly got annoying. Everytime I got in the water on a jet ski or raft, here jumps Remi. I let him ride with me a few times but was terrified of getting pulled over by the game warden. I can hear it now.."Excuse me ma'am, dogs aren't allowed on jet skies"....that would have gotten ugly because we all know, I think of Remi as basically a human!

Remi checking things out.
My cousin brought her son and nephew over to swim (ages 5 and 6) and as soon as Jason (the 6 yr old nephew who has never even really been swimming,...sad, I know) put his raft in the water and attempted to get on it, here jumps Remi. He jumped OVER the kids head, landing on the raft (how it didn't pop, I have no clue) and knocking Jason into the water.  Jason just looked up at me with tear filled eyes and I made a joke about putting Remi in "time out" for stealing his raft, etc. Seeing tears in his eyes broke my heart. Damn Remi! The poor little boy has had a really rough month. For those of you around the Vicksburg area you have probably heard about the missing man, which is his dad. Jason Allen Ashley has been missing since May 22. Keep this family in your prayers please.

Needless to say, my cousin, Heather Ashley and her husband Chris, are keeping the little boy for the time being. Being at the lake was such a great way for him to get his mind off things. He got to experience many things for the first time, such as... he had never had a hat before, my cousin took him to Bass Pro and let him pick one out, he had never been on a jet ski before, my dad taught him how to drive it, he had never really been swimming before so once he got comfortable with the water, he jumped off the diving board 20 times! I think he had a blast. Please say a prayer for his fathers safe return.
Jason driving my dad. He loved it!

No comments: