This weekend, we went to the lake (of course) and I'll have to say...out of the 16 years we've been going (and I dont believe I've EVER missed a 4th of July) there were more people there than I have EVER seen. Seriously. I'm thinking it has a lot to do with the oil spill in the Gulf. Most people that would have gone to the beach for the hollidays, came to the lake instead. It was nice seeing all those people at the lake again (the population died down a bit when gas went up, economy got bad, etc.) The water was extremely ROUGH and boats were EVERYWHERE.
My cousin, Robby and his wife Shannon came for the weekend. They haven't been in 4 or more years. Their little boy, Tinnin, LOVED it. He fished and played in the water all afternoon.
Tinnin Potts, 3 yrs old

Tinnin and grandaddy Haden (his great-gdad)
Nic and I went to the Country Club Saturday night to hear The Chill play. The place was PACKED. They had to stop letting people in. Cars were parked all down the sides of the street and all in the grass for as long as you could see. There were HUNDREDS, ok maybe even close to 1,000 ppl there? Thats A LOT for that small country club. The band was awesome (like always) but the heat WAS NOT. Imagine that many people crowded into a small place in JULY=HOT AS HELL! We hung out with Julie and Brandon for a bit but by midnight we were headed home to rest up for Independence Day!
Hope everyone had a great 4th!!

No comments:
Post a Comment