Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

The Cayman Islands is a British Overseas Territory located in the western Caribbean Sea. The territory comprises the 3 islands of Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman, located south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica. The territory is a major world offshore financial centre. 

A captive (aka:group-- called Southern Construction Group) of 21 companies that we provide loss control/consulting for has an annual meeting, which is always out of the country. Last year was Ireland, year before Cabo, this year Caymans! Basically I busted ass at work last year plus my boss wants me doing more work for this captive so he invited Nic and I! As if that wasn't exciting, we stayed at the Ritz Carlton-for those of you who have stayed at a Ritz, you know... its about as nice as it gets! We had a blast. 
                                            Beautiful view of one of the pools
                                             The Ritz -beach view
 

We left out on Wednesday morning-short flight to Charlotte, NC-then direct flight to Grande Caymans. We had a cocktail party/meet & greet that night. Thank God for name tags because after a long day of traveling and a few glasses of wine-I was AWFUL with names! I had a meeting Thursday morning (only mandatory "work" thing I had to do the entire trip..woo hoo) and I tried looking around the room to remember who I met, what company they were with, etc.. GAVE UP. Thursday and Friday night we had group dinners (name tags again, thank God). We ate @ Grande Old House Thursday night, which was an old plantation...beautiful scenery.

Friday, we chartered a boat with 3 other couples and went to sting ray city- swam with sting rays which was AWESOME! We went snorkeling and then diving for star fish. Our captain stopped the catamaran and jumped off, then comes back up with conch shells. He ended up cracking them open, pulling the conch out and making us a fresh little appetizer with conch, green onion and some other seasonings. Of course I tried it and LOVED it! Crazy thinking he just jumped in and pulled out an afternoon snack?! 
 Of course, I dont have 1 picture of me in the water=(  I really did swim with them AND feed them!
                                                       Nic checking out the sting rays

                                                                Cleaning the conch
                                                              Preparing the snack
                                                                  Nic's star fish
                 You could only hold the star fish for 20 seconds before it needed water

That night we ate at Papagallos Italian Ristorante. Of course since it was the last night...EVERYONE was throwing back the drinks.  There were approximately 60-75 people in the group and I had decided by this night which ones were fun and the ones that weren't! After dinner, we had a private party back at the Ritz. They had an open bar,a table with a lady rolling cuban cigars-of course my husband was in HEAVEN,a DJ, picture slide show, etc. I tried not to "let loose" too much since I was the "new girl" and these people were our customers but after seeing the way those people act-I headed for the dance floor! I ended up dancing the night away while my husband sat outside with all the men smoking cigars. 
                                        The lady rolling cuban's
                             Dinner at Papagallos Italian Ristorante

Saturday morning most of the people in our group left so we took a cab into Georgetown and did a little shopping and ate at Guy Harvey's. After shopping, we had a lazy day by the pool drinking Cayman Lemonade's, Pina Colada's and other fruity drinks. 

Sunday, Nic and I walked the beach and ate breakfast out at the pool. Our flight wasn't until 3 but of course that means get to the airport by 12=( None the less-the trip was a blast and I just hope to be invited on another!! 

No comments: