When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

So work has been busy lately, like REALLY busy. But as my wonderful husband reminds me...it  beats the alternative!! Thank you Nic for being so optimistic!!

I'm in Little Rock, AR tonight and JUST got here about 30 mins ago...... @ 8:30pm! I'm pooped!  I've had a long day... stayed in Cleveland last night, worked Clarksdale today then drove to Pine Bluff, AR to teach a 4 hour training class.Where are you Friday?? Tomorrow I drive to Russelville, AR, back to Little Rock then some small towns outside of Little Rock and BACK TO JACKSON!!!!!

I took off work Friday and for anyone that knows me... I NEVER take off anymore so this is soooooo exciting!

I've been too busy to even blog or facebook much lately... now thats sad!
So far, 2011 has treated me well, other than my crazy work- A few pics of our year thus far..
Engagement party in Vicksburg
Nic decides to treat himself to some gun he has been wanting?! I could have bought a new camera lens, king size bed, piece of art...hell, LOTS OF THINGS. Have I mentioned, I HATE guns=)
 My mom and her "little girls"
 Jane Ellen Yerger aka "Ellie"
My cousin's baby wearing a cute little Valentines outfit I sent her=)
 My wonderful Christmas gift-an oil painting of Rem dog!! (Remi)
Nic turns 27 and this wonderful wife surprised him with his favorite, a DQ ice cream cake!

After living in my house over 2 years, I figured it was time to PAINT! Our builder never gave us an option to choose colors so our whole house is ONE color...time for change! I had a lady come in and help me pick out paint colors because I'm way too indecisive and Nic told me...once this paint goes up, WE AREN'T CHANGING IT. 
I personally never would have thought of blue but....she suggested and now I LOVE IT! She said blue is a formal color used in dining rooms.
 Boca Raton Blue 
 Little Big Town
Little Big Town

So for Valentines, I always put in a request for Nic to cook me dinner rather than dining out. It ends up being lots of work for Nic and quite costly but...its so enjoyable! Nic is a WONDERFUL chef. He can cook ANYTHING and usually he'll try something different to surprise me. We love eating in the dining room, using our china, drinking ALL the wine we want, enjoying each other and not being on a set schedule. 

Our appetizer-Grilled stuffed mushroom with fetta, tomatoes and spinach
 Main dish-Beef tenderloin with blue cheese bruschetta and sun dried tomoatoe rice pilaf
Desert-lemon raspberry mousse with chocolate covered strawberries
Chocolate covered strawberries are a tradition for us. For the past 4 years, Nic has given me these with a nice bottle of wine. Chocolate and Wine, doesn't get better! 

That's it for now.. next blog will be the patio=)



















No comments: