So much has happened in the past couple of months. I've been on the road a good bit with work-New Orleans, Tupelo, Memphis, Kentucky....and the list goes on. I really do enjoy what I do but traveling isn't convenient when you're building a house, running a side business, having a birthday (we all know that celebration last the entire month) and trying to be a good friend, wife, etc. Blah. I have absolutely NO TIME for ANYTHING. I haven't seen the gym in 3-4 months (don't know what that's about), I haven't been getting in my walks with Remi (which I must admit...he is thoroughly upset about.... he has been doing all kinds of crazy things around our house that he has NEVER done....that's another blog in itself...craziness!) Wonder what my boss would think if I told him I'm over traveling? I'll keep my lips zipped..new house, empty wallet..... Damn!!
Funny stuff... my birthday was beginning of November and anniversary a week after that.. Nic and I had discussed both events and I insisted he didn't give me a thing. Very unlike me because any day of the week, I can list a number of "wants/needs"...but this year is different.... new house means new EVERYTHING and I didn't see the need in spending money on stuff just to do it. Gosh...that was hard, let me tell you.
So birthday morning came- he served me a pop tart w/ a candle in bed and a card....strange breakfast but it was "the thought" (as my mom would say). That afternoon I had furniture to deliver so we made late reservations with my parents for dinner. I came home and there was a gift on the counter. I walked by it because I thought maybe it was from my parents and I wanted to wait to open it when they arrived. Nic insisted I open it, so I did. To my surprise, he did buy me a gift.... A CASE OF WINE! I stared at him for a second and he said..."well you said not to buy you anything because there was nothing you needed but I figured since you've been going through so much of this lately this would be a good gift. WOW. Thoughtful boy! Best gift ever=) However, now that I have a "stockpile"....I think I tend to drink it more often....oops!
For anniversary, we had the same deal. NO GIFTS, cards only. I came home to 2 boxes on the counter. Opened them to find 4 new wine glasses. Hm....this boy knows me too well! (and he has an ulterior motive.... he wants to stock the butler's pantry in the new house with wine and he had a wine rack made and wants it to look good too I'm sure...SOOO he gives me these things as gifts- I'm good with that though!) He'll be getting house stuff and/or things I want for Christmas and his birthday too=)
Moving along..... pictures are sometimes better than words.
Mirror guy dropped off a box of frames
These are my top 3. All 3 have gold accents..imagine that.
Top Left: Butler's pantry sconce
Top Right: Study/library
Bottom left: guest bedroom hall sconces
Bottom right: foyer
Top left: sconces for master bedroom
Top right: formal dining room
Bottom left: kitchen island
Bottom right: master bathroom
Fans and lighting fixtures
Gutters being installed
I drove up one day 2 weeks ago and the gutter guys were installing and irrigation guys were installing...both finished within 2 days. Good job boys!
Gutters (this makes Nic VERY happy)
Master tub in progress
Nic's gdad was in ICU for over a month and wasn't able to come see the house progress. When he woke up in ICU and saw Nic, the first thing he said was "I'm sorry I let you down"....he LOVES being on site and directing everything...poor guy isn't able to help with the patio, landscaping or any of that right now but doc says he'll be back on his feet in 8 weeks. Yay for a good report!
I now see where Nic gets his "drive" from. This man has been retired for years but will do ANYTHING for anyone. He LOVES to work.
Downstairs guest bathroom
Upstairs guest bathroom
New decorative piece added to the mantle... still has to be painted of course!
master shower
Flooring in master bathroom
Enough house pics...none of these are current. I haven't been taking many?! Oops! Will upload more soon!
November 14, 2012
Celebrating 3 joyous years with this guy!!
Road trip with my sweet friend Bridget and her two dolls, Abbey & Kate Douglas
We both picked out fabrics and are having drapes,etc made.
These are my two choices....drapes, euro shams, bed skirt, throw blanket and decorative pillows.....
These two found a cat outside
November 6, 2012
Happy 28th to me.
November 7, 2012
My good friend Brooke had her 1st baby, Emmerson Claire.
October 31, 2012
Got to make a quick trip to Vicksburg to hangout with family for Halloween.
Policeman Aideyn
"I gunna get you bad guys"
Jackson Ratliff, already a lady's man=)
November supper club...Fall Foods! Delish
Karaoke night, out with friends
Spend the night company...
Aideyn is at a stage where he LOVES boots. But they can't be clean boots....MUST be dirty.
We Aideyn comes to stay with me, we go to the zoo and just ride the choo choo over and over. For $2, you can't make this kid any happier!
Waiting for the train to fill up...ride #4=)
Every time Aideyn stays....we have Berry Berry Good after dinner, go to TJ Maxx and pick out a toy and then wake up with donuts. Nic and I LOVE having him.
Elegant Jane has been busy too.
This sits in my living room...excuse the christmas gifts!
Chairs sold in 1 day....I knew I liked them!
Happy 1st bday Olivia!
And lastly.....Thanksgiving
Wednesday night- dinner and band @ Kemps
Thanksgiving Day @ my parents
Thanksgiving night @ Lassiter Loft that overlooks Vicksburg. No pictures=(
Happy Holidays Folks!























No comments:
Post a Comment