OS Trigonum Syndrome

 
Last Fall when I was playing recreational kickball on the Ergon team....I had a little foot injury. I was running to a base and felt a horrible pain in my ankle/foot....and because I'm so tough (or really just stupid) I finished the game and continued ice/elevation for several MONTHS.  Needless to say...I neglected the pain until April of this year and finally gave in, went to the doctor, etc.
 
Doctor #1 ..."you have an extra bone in your foot, the tendon that is inflamed is rubbing against the bone"... gave me a cortisone shot in the heel (that hurt like absolute %$#@!!!) and said surgery would be the only "fix". He lost me at "surgery" so I didn't return for visit #2. Instead, I made another appointment with a different doctor=)
 
Doctor #2... "you have an extra bone in your foot, the condition is called OS Trigonum Syndrome, I want to start off conservative and do therapy and medicine" Still sounds crazy that I'm a few months shy of 30 and they JUST discovered I had an extra bone in my foot (likely in the right foot too but we aren't worried with that one) But none the less, I've started therapy along with a daily anti-inflammitory medicine and we will see how I'm doing in 4 weeks. Prayers please. I do not have time for surgery!!!
 
 
 
The ugly extra bone  
I was looking @ my xrays and noticed..my shin bone is CROOKED!!??? Doctor didn't mention a word, I will not either! PRAYERS!!!!
 
 

3 comments:

Simply Shannon said...

I'm so glad you got a second opinion. Praying therapy and non-surgical options work for you.

Kelly said...

Thank you!! Therapy didn't quite work out so now I'm in the walking boot=(

Simply Shannon said...

Oh, no!