Every year for as long as I can remember, we've had Easter at my grandmother Jane's (The Queen as I've previously referred to her as) but this year due to her health and other things...we decided to start a new Easter tradition and have it at the Derivaux's house (my uncle's w/ the 5 WILD children!!) My uncle has a huge beautiful house but like most men-he had NO clue where to begin with Easter decorations so that's where I came in=) I LOVEEEE decorating and with his permission, I did just that! For 3 straight Sundays, I drove to Vicksburg and played in his dining room-I took pictures down, put pictures/mirrors up-dusted shelves and made a large consignment pile-While rearranging the china cabinet and other furniture-I came across McCarty, Annieglass, Peter's, silver, china, Waterford, etc... I was in HEAVEN!! I had to teach/inform my uncle what all of it was! He told me I could take whatever I wanted-SERIOUSLY?!?!-but HECK no-he has 2 young girls that will love that stuff one day so I didn't dare-That was a once in a life time offer-for sure=)
The kids were SOOO excited to celebrate a holiday at THEIR HOUSE-they begged to help me decorate-so I let them-and may I say-my taste is WAY different than a 9 or 10 yr old. We went from having a beautiful center piece of fresh flowers to an Easter wreath filled with plastic eggs and fake plastic grass---BUT... that's what they wanted and this was THEIR party. Needless to say-everyone had a blast and my uncle has already offered up his house again for next year=)
On Saturday evening, I dyed Easter eggs with the kids-to prevent the fighting, I bought each of them their own dye kits and as you'll see in the pics-all of the eggs were BEAUTIFUL creations, ha=)
A few pics from Easter at The Derivuax's
I'll end with Fr. Donnie attempting to ride a scooter



















No comments:
Post a Comment