Beach Bums

Our vacay in Seaside was wonderful-although we woke up bright and early EVERY morning, we got lots of much needed R & R.

To start the week off, we both had AMAZING massages. This is something I think all women (men too) should treat themselves to-its recommended monthly but I think bi-monthly would be sufficient. The lady that did my massage was amazed at the knots in my neck, shoulders, etc and assured me that these are probably causing my migraines=( With that said, "I'm sold" and I'll definitely be making more frequent visits to see her now!

The drive down Sunday was pretty easy-hardly any traffic, thankfully!. When we arrived, we put our stuff up, grabbed a drink and then spent the majority of the afternoon and evening walking around to the local shops. We walked the beach and "booked" our chairs for the week.. I was determined that there would be TONS of people on the beach that week because of the holiday, but luckily it really wasn't that packed.  We went by The Red Bar to check out the menu but the "good" entertainment didn't start until Monday so we decided to just have a drink and come back another night. We ended up having dinner at Shorty's Surfside & Topside. Our sushi appetizer was delish but our entrees were not. This place is right across the street from The Red Bar-we thought sine the line was so long, it must be good------> WRONG! The menu looked/sounded good but the food was served kind of "cafeteria style"---no taste/flavor and I think my Mahi Mahi had been sitting on a warmer table all afternoon-YUCK. Again, this place is not recommended!

Monday morning we were wide awake at like 6 am--go figure...first day of vacation and we can't sleep in. So...Nic got up with me and we went for a walk. I soon realized we weren't the only crazy ones up. I couldn't believe how many bikers, walkers and runners were up so early but any later-the heat would have been MISERABLE I guess! When we got back to our cottage-Nic prepared breakfast......egg sandwiches-MY FAVORITE!
                                     
                                           The famous, high calorie... Egg Sandwich!

We laid out on the beach for a few hours and then headed to Destin for some late afternoon shopping...definitely the highlight of this trip in my opinion! We did dinner Monday night @ Bud & Alley's.
 
 My pictures aren't very good quality- I took most of them with my phone because my camera was too much of a hassle to carry around!

Nic and I went walking through Watercolor and Seaside every morning to help pass time since we woke up so early (between 6-7:30 literally EVERY day). On Tuesday as we were walking, we ran into Holly, Martha and Kate (my best friend, her mom and her little girl). Holly flew into FL on Monday night from Fayetteville, NC. It was such a wonderful surprise to run into them! I haven't seen Kate (now nearly 9 months old) since Christmas so I was very happy to see them.

Holly and I did a "girls night" one night and talked for several hours over wine. It was great catching up and having girl time with no babies or husbands around--very rare occurrence~!

For the remainder of the week Nic and I took naps on the beach, dined at every restaurant around Grayton Beach and took late night strolls around Seaside/Watercolor. Every evening ended with one of us standing in the LONG line at Dawson's for ice cream & fudge.

               Oysters on the half shell w/ beer=wonderful afternoon snack.
Dinner @ Great Southern Cafe
                                   Great Southern Cafe in Seaside


                                          Dinner & entertainment @ The Red Bar

I already miss this beautiful place...




















.

No comments: