Caroline's Debutante & Christmas beginnings..

Sweet Caroline made her debute this past Friday night. It was so fun. Caroline looked beautiful and it was so fun getting all dressed up for the event. It felt like college/high school....buying a formal, Nic renting a tux, etc...Here is an article I found in The Northside Sun...
 My mom came over Friday and went with us. She looked stunning..

 I love Nic all dressed up :)
 My aunt and uncle (Mary & Mike)
Mary & Mom
Patiently waiting to see Caroline...
 the beautiful stage where the girls were presented
 I wasn't allowed to have my camera during the presentation so I cut off the flash and snapped a few pictures after it when all the girls were walking back out to their families!!

Isn't she beautiful? Look at that proud daddy!
 Cousins! (Jordan, Caroline & I)
 Jordan, Caroline & Jane
All the sisters (+ the Debutante)
Mary, Diane, Sweet Caroline, Jane and Ann
Caroline's escort
 Laura & Maggie

 Katie (Caroline's Grandmother) & Caroline


The Kemp Family
Adams & Jordan

Thanksgiving is over, Debutante was a success...time for Christmas...

I know people have different feelings about WHEN to decorate for Christmas but in my family the ONLY acceptable time is the day after Thanksgiving. Usually my mom and aunts all have their trees delivered on the Friday after Thanskgiving-so this is a tradition I figure I must follow too. 

However, this year I started decorating the week of Thanksgiving-I didn't turn the lights on the tree on or hang wreathes or anything outside yet...just interior stuff that NOBODY would know unless they came in. I am just a little pushed for time, we have a Christmas Party December 3rd and I was basically out of town all last weekend so that only left me a few days to decorate-Just couldn't do it. So... I decorated the week of Thanksgiving, kept my lips sealed around my mom and FINALLY got to cut the tree on and hang my wreathes on Friday before she arrived!   

Christmas decorations make me soo happy. I would leave the tree lit up for the entire month of December if I could but Nic has this fear of it catching on fire so anytime we leave the house-he makes me cut it off=( 
Also, I don't do the "themed" Christmas tree or decorations.. I like too many different things. I mostly like the usual Christmas colors, golds. reds, etc. PLUS... I'm not talented and patient like the people that do all that!!! Most of my ornaments have meaning...either they were given to us by someone, I got them from a dirty santa party or I remember buying them.
A few of my favorites...

 This was given to me the month after Nic and I got married! Hand painted=BEAUTIFUL.
 Bully

 Ornament given to me by one of my friends for Christmas the year we got married (thanks Becca!!)

 This is one of the few ornaments that is actually Nic's....given to him by Brandon Carr
 Now on to my Santa collection...I started collecting Santa Clauses a few years ago...I just love them all. I haven't gone "overboard"...I keep it tasteful (for now)!




 Like I've mentioned before...I LOVE china....formal, casual and holiday patterns... I like it all. Last year, I finished out my Christmas china so it will definitely be getting lots of use this holiday season. I couldn't wait to display it all in the china cabinet.

I have 3 different "Christmas" gatherings this year where I can use it... my party this weekend (not sure if it'll get used..depends on the # of people), I have Christmas Bunco and then we're having all of our family over for a Christmas Dinner. I love using it. My pattern is Spode Christmas Tree. My aunt started giving me pieces of this pattern when I was little and now I've grown to really appreciate it. Thanks Dee!

Hope everyone is enjoying this cold weather......sure makes it feel more like CHRISTMAS time!!!!



No comments: