Happiness!

Wow.... I honestly don't know where to start ...June has been an exciting/busy month!

I'm excited to tell you about our house progress but first and MOST importantly...my sister and Rob (her fiance) won custody of Aideyn (Rob's nephew) !!! Gosh....we all dreaded that day in court but everything turned out soo wonderfully! After days of little sleep and lots of worrying.....its over and I couldn't be happier!!!

I found this quote and had to show it to my sister that morning....she loved it. Sometimes reading inspirational stuff is the only way I can really calm my nerves (especially for a situation like what we were going through) so I shared this and it worked=)


Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway.

As if I didn't already post 1000 pictures of precious Aideyn, I'm sure I'll be posting many more. Every free moment I have, I want to be in Vicksburg playing with that precious baby! I just love him to pieces! 


 The past month in pictures..........

Dinner @ Jordan & Adams with precious Bailess
Wedding shower for Drew & Allie
Nic and I showed up as twins, oops!
They had a wonderful 2 man band!
Katie & the bride, Allie
Nic with his Pike buddies @ the shower
Heidi's new "momma ride"
Precious Ellie came over and had lunch with us after church

We have been finding Remi sleeping like this lately?!
Lucy checking out my beer through the window (she's standing in the windowl!)
Winner Circle Park w/ Bailess
Bailess @ the Mexican restaurant
I think he loved it!! 
House pad formed....underground plumbing going in
Swimming w/ Aideyn
Jaco's Taco's FINALLY!
Think this was called the "Jaco Jar" DELISH!!
Remi and I took Nic's truck cruising for the day.....we had to go pick out brick (snap pictures of LOTS of houses)
My Nic Nic=)
Headed to the Haden Farm for Father's Day
Someone LOVES looking at pictures of themself!
 Fathers Day 2012=My dad's birthday!!
 Heidi & Mom
 Aideyn LOVED riding

 My grandad (far right) with 3 of his 8 siblings--they are the only 4 left=(
 We rode through acres and acres of forrest.... it was hot and we got nasty but someone sure loved it!
The house my grandad was raised in-Bay Springs, MS
hundreds of acres of farm land, hunting land and trails. A little booys dream!!!

 My grandmother even went for a ride=)
Long day on the farm=exhausted little boy
Dinner w/ friends in Nola while I was in town for work
My friends husband, Wes, prepared this delicious fish and grilled veggies.
Delicious!
Sweet Aideyn with chocolate all over his mouth (he takes after his auntie, bug!)
Remi is still sleeping like this?!
We all love stealing kisses from this little one!
Aideyn checking out Mr. Dan's deputy car
Picking veggies @ Ratliff Farms!

He loved it!
Only thing missing was his farmer hat!
Long HOTTTT day @ Glenwood Circle Park

Birthday dinner @ Babalu for Becca Boo


Father Donnie got moved to St Catherine's in Madison....we LOVE this place!
Friday afternoon=foot bath/foot massage day!
Last Friday night, we decided to have a date night @ Underground 119...they had an awesome Blue's Band Playing.
Farmer's market w/ Jordan, Ellie and Mary Jane
Local artist that does wonderful work!!
Ellie and I were entertained by the little duo
House is starting to be framed
Laura Beth's wedding with friends
I love the effects of Instagram=)
The May girls...cousins of the groom!
Got to spend the morning playing with this happy precious baby, Jackson!
Another pool day with Aideyn


He loves riding on my shoulders while I hop around in the pool=)
more framing...

Front yard/parking pad area (i think)
Remi's huge side yard-he's going to LOVE it!!!

Wish I had a better picture....this is Aideyn driving the jetski on the 4th~
Early am...a little rough BUT... "Happy Birthday Merica'!"
Someone told him uncle Sam was on his shirt so he kept saying "I not uncle sam"


More house stuff...
Nic and I met with an interior designer and spent 3 hours looking at this stuff. I thought this would be the fun part...I was not prepared!!!

faucets, bathtubs, toilets, sinks, shower heads/sprayers, light fixtures, fans, chandelier's, sconces, exterior lights....I had no clue where to begin. I basically let this lady make all of these choices for me and now I'm praying I don't regret it!

My only input..."I want a timeless look" Although I love change, I don't believe I want to change ANY of these things for a long long time. I want everything we choose to be "timeless" and stay in style forever!

Nic was torn between 2 lights and asked my opinion......THEY LOOKED IDENTICAL to me!?
These all look the same to me! I don't pay enough attention to detail, who does?!
Nic chooses a huge pot rack to go over our kitchen island , I chose this for the bathroom, building is all about compromising=)
Nic standing in the foyer (explaining stuff to me as I snap pictures because its all greek!)
Blacking out walls on the guest bedrooms

I've decided to stay away from pinterest for awhile. Things I love on there, I'm being told aren't "practical".... LOVED the copper farm house sink.....the designer lady said those are HORRIBLE in kitchens- antibacterial soap (along with other chemicals and soaps) bleach the sides and ruin the look. Who would have thought it? "Only looks good in pictures", she said!

Picked out cabinets and colors- look at them in a showroom and hate them...I need to see everything in real life...pinterest has messed me up!

Nic is LOVING this building process. He is on the site EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. (multiple times) We have met all of the neighbors and even people from down the street(because we are there TOO much) Nic enjoys this so much he has already talked about doing it again.....NOT THIS GIRL! I'm not good with making decisions and EVERYTHING about building requires decision making- I'm handing it over to Nic. I'll give my input when it comes time for paint colors=)

Anyone that is considering building-call Nic! He is LOVING this.  That boy is full of questions and stays 2 steps ahead of our builder! I'm honestly impressed by his knowledge of all of this but he gets frustrated with me because I "just don't get it". Definitely comes easier to those that ENJOY making decisions and pay attention to detail (that aint me!)

They are supposed to hopefully finish framing the upstairs tomorrow (if the rain doesn't mess things up). I'm so excited to see how much more it transforms!!!!

1 comment:

Brooke Cheslek said...

Wow! You have been busy! Can't wait for the house to be finished! Love getting the updates...when walls are up I want you (or Nic) to walk me through it!