Meeks/Parker/Haden Christmas Dinner

This past Sunday evening Nic and I had our families over for a Christmas dinner. We started doing this after we got married, as a way to let his family and my family see each other and catch up (since they live in separate towns and only see each other occasionally) Everyone looks forward to it- especially the grandparents. My grandparents asked me twice in the past 2 weeks if the Parkers (Nic's grandparents) would be there... They just love getting to see them and share old people stories=) and by no means do I mean that ugly...my grandad (like I've previously blogged) is the most interesting/funny person I know. He ALWAYS has stories to tell and 99% of the time, they have hilarious endings-so...who wouldn't want to hang out with him?! He is AWESOME!

Of course they all look forward to Nic's cooking and my company too =)

Wonderful Chef Nic prepared for 16 of us. Poor me...had to wash all those dishes!

Appetizers:
  • Celery stuffed with homemade pimiento & cheese (no carbs=my moms favorite thing!)
  • Deviled eggs (Nic's mom gave me a serving piece of my Spode Christmas China that holds eggs so of course I had to use it for the dinner party!) 
Meat:
  • Spicy Fruit Stuffed Pork Tenderloin w/ Pears & Onions
  • Bone-in baked ham
Sides:
  • Bacon wrapped green bean bundles
  • sausage and roasted garlic stuffing
  • sweet potato casserole w/ praline topping
  • wild rice and mushroom casserole
  •  homemade cranberry sauce
Dessert:
  • Hummingbird Cake 
 Remi is ready for our company!

Me taking pictures while Nic does the "work"




 The famous Hummingbird Cake! (Nic's family recipe)




 My new egg tray from my mother in law!


 My parents flew in from Austin 30 mins before our party and still came=)
I promised my mom wine-that helped!
     These two always end up sitting in this exact spot, talking FOREVER!
    Heidi and Rob w/ their nephew Aideyn
     Precious Tyler
    “Dining should be a feast for the eye as well as the stomach.”
    The Hadens
    I cherish every minute with them...only grandparents I have left now =(
     Tyler and Mr. Parker making smores
    Loved having our families over and now just ready for to Christmas!!!!!!!!

No comments: