Anyways...a few weeks ago (the night after my Family dinner), I hosted our Christmas bunco. We dressed up in tacky attire and/or Christmas PJ's and played dirty santa. It was fun. The wonderful husband cooked for us.
The only thing I cooked/baked-THEY FELL APART. I wont attempt again.
We forgot to get a group picture of everyone but here are most of our bunco girls.
Then a few nights later, I was invited to another bunco party (different group)..after the dinner-a group of us road around looking at Christmas lights. WOW...some people go all out. The pictures tell all...
The entire street was lit up! You put your radio on a certain station and the lights blink to the music...I must say...it was pretty impressive! These were houses off St Augustine in Ridgeland.
Then to top off the week-a few of my old high school friends and I took a quick "girls trip" to New Orleans. We got to New Orleans around 7 Friday night, had dinner at Rock-N-Sake followed by several drinks at Lucy's (a local bar). Saturday we got up, had lunch at Camellia's (our server, Peanut, LOVED u-he hooked us up with some extra cheese fries and chocolate milkshakes---MUCH NEEDED!!) After lunch, we shopped and then hit the road. It was a quick trip but well worth it. I dont believe I could have handled 2 nights in Nola.
Lucy's
Shopping
Our server, Peanut.
The wondeful, Lucy's.
Notice all the dressed up Santa's eating outside here.
After I got home Saturday, Nic and I headed to Vicksburg. I helped Heidi with a "Handworks Holiday Open House" at my moms Sunday....think she sold between 60-70 pair of earrings...very successful day=)
Look who I got to play with while their mommy shopped=)
Baby Jackson in a cute little Christmas onesie!
Lots of good sweets
After we got home Sunday night... my two boys were a bit tired.
Love them=)
Mondays are always dreadful, especially after a LONG weekend on the road (literally) BUT... I had a special lunch date Monday...this topped my day off=)
Baby Bailess and his mommy came to see me!
Look at that precious grin!
Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Christmas holiday.
Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
~Norman Wesley Brooks
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
~Norman Wesley Brooks































No comments:
Post a Comment