Isn't She Lovely

Of course the weekend flew by AGAIN...

I woke up early Saturday (6am to be exact) washed clothes, cleaned around the house, took Remi for that fun 3 mile walk and then spent the rest of the day laying out! I LOVE THE SUN!!! Nic had a job going right down the road from our house so I took breaks from sunbathing to take him and the crew some crystal light.

My friend Sarah May (the one i've blogged about before) came over for an early morning walk and she also laid out with me. It was fun and we got quite a bit of sun.

So as the day started, Nic and I were giong to attend 2 weddings, one in Madison and one in Greenwood. Plans fell through for going to the Madison wedding so we jetted off to Greenwood for the 6:30 wedding there (Rachael White and Danny Faught) We got to Greenwood at exactly 6pm and had 30 mins to find our hotel, change clothes and make it to the church (which we heard was mega small so I was almost positive we were going to be late and STANDING for this one)

When we got to the hotel, Jennifer and Dan were dressed and ready so we threw on our outfits and jumped in the car. Luckily Dan knew where we were going.....not that you could ever imagine one could get LOST in Greenwood but they have lots of one-way roads in their downtown area and when you are in a huge rush....thats not good. Finally we made it to the church, at 6:28, and got seated just in time! We couldn't all 4 sit together due to the lack of seating left so Nic and I squeezed in on a pew (yes thats how you spell it, I just looked it up) behind about 5 girls and 2 guys, all WASTED. I had a lot of things going through my mind at this time.....#1 Was it extremely noticable that we were late?, #2 Is my dress too short in the back, #3 Are these guys/girls just wedding crashers or do they actually know Rachael and Danny and before I could think too much harder about anything the chick in front of me bust into tears....? Hm... this is going to be interesting.

So the processional starts and now 2 girls are shedding tears.....I try my best not to stare and just to watch the wedding party and moms. Finally the doors open, music begins and Rachael walks in...(looking like the happiest bride in the world) Of course the two girls crab each other and are squailing at this point. So I assume that its Rachael that they know....UGH.... none the less...she walks that aisle, kisses/hugs her daddy then continues with the ceremony. She was one BEAUTIFUL and happy bride. They recited their vows, kissed, etc and as they are walking out, one of the drunk chicks screams "wooo hoooo" and I'm like WHAT??????? You dont do that at a wedding. Come to find out these girls are all med school students with Rachael, my guess is they just dont know how to act in public because they dont get out much=)




The reception was wonderful...it was held at the Greenwood Country Club.

Best strawberry cake ever!

Danny's cake had a MSU theme. After Rachael and Danny fed each other pieces of the cake, they broke out with the cowbells. It was soo cute and everyone loved it.
The band was "out of this world" with entertainment by The Compositions! Everyone had a great time.
I'm thinking this could have been "shout"
They were a fun bride and groom...as you can see!
As the night came to an end, french fries and ketchup was passed around...best idea EVER=)

"Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderfull
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love "

Rachael and her daddy danced to this lovely Stevie Wonder song!

No comments: