I haven't updated this thing in quite sometime....mainly because i'm frustrated with blogger right now. I can't seem to figure out how to center align my template. FRUSTRATING. N-E-WAYS (we used to say that in junior high so I had to bring it back)---
Quite a bit happened in February and March so I have much to tell. My best friend, Sarah May, moved to Mississippi after being gone 11 or 12 years. She moved away when we were in junior high (to Georgia) then the road took her to Chattanooga, needless to say I BROUGHT HER BACK TO MISSISSIPPI! She had a great job and beautiful house on Signal Hill Mountain in Chattanooga but something about that place didn't feel right to me so I (yes i'm taking FULL credit) convinced her it was time to move back home to her "roots." I was so excited about the move that I went to Chattanooga (on a Friday evening), stayed up til 3 am helping her pack, got back up at 6 and loaded all her stuff in a HUGE uhaul and drove her stuff to Mississippi! It took me an entire week to recoop after that trip(7 hour trip) but I'm soo happy to have her back! (thats a damn good friend, huh)
Scott drove the truck down the mountain, Thank GOD!
I personally think you should have to have a CDL to drive this huge thing.
Please note the signage...VERY difficult journey in a huge, loaded down truck.
The weekend I "trucked it" to Chattanooga, Nic started our patio. He had to bring in 4 or 5 truck loads of dirt to build up the area. On Sunday (even though I was dead tired) I offered to help and he accepted so..we went and got another truck load of dirt and I had to help MANUALLY unload it all by shovel. During this process Nic was using the bob cat in the back yard and got it stuck in the mud, damaging a section of our fence...GREAT! (another project) Keep in mind, this was 9 am on a Sunday morning.....I think our neighbors most likely hated us at this point. (bob cats are LOUD and so was I when the damn thing grabbed my fence)
This big boy is what "grabbed" my fence.
Needless to say after 4 STRAIGHT weekends of working on the patio....its beginning to look marvelous!
Didn't get pictures of the truck loads of dirt or all the hours they put into doing the form boards, etc
Driving in the rebar and wire mesh
Installing some steps with mortar
Almost finished!! The other side will have pavers and a fire pit...would have been enjoyable during the COLD months=)
Since this picture, we've re-sodded our backyard...thanks to that BOB CAT that distroyed everything!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment