After you look through the pictures below, you'll notice.. I use LOTS of gold leaf...I just love the contrast. Also, I'm staying with neutral colors the most I can because wild colors aren't me nor would they work in my house. (in case I fall in love and have to keep things for myself!) Neutral colors seem so formal and elegant, yet can be shabby chic too. So.... there is your warning.....only "wild" color is turquoise!!
Also, going to give facebook a try at selling this stuff. I've got a guy that will carry it in his store but that means higher cost and that's not really what I'm looking for. My goal is to just have fun doing this and sell stuff (cheap) as I finish it! And of course the quicker is sells, the better because this stuff has taken over my house. (we look like ghetto house renters, sorry neighbors!)
Currently have 3-4 pair of sconces.....turquoise, antique white, light blue and 1 set unfinished.
I love sconces....they look great above dressers, next to art, in bathrooms-JUST ANYWHERE! If you have a space that needs a little something but you already have art filling your walls- pop up some sconces=)
I love sconces....they look great above dressers, next to art, in bathrooms-JUST ANYWHERE! If you have a space that needs a little something but you already have art filling your walls- pop up some sconces=)
This set was actually mine. They are Andrea by Sadek and look very pretty with this antique white and gold.
Full size bed
Have a set of these lamps....VERY heavy duty. They are done in a washed grey w/ light blue detail and antique glaze w/ gold leaf
working on this beauty....
See those TWO drills...both with different size drill bits....I was installing new hardware, which required new holes. This would be the fun part=)
No lamp shades....can't decide on the "look" I need....
Was going to do burlap but felt like this cream/white shade gives it a more formal look
These lamps are solid...seriously prob 10 lbs each....VERY vintage and well made
Dark grey and antique white side table w/ turquoise lamp
Queen Anne coffee table w/ gold leaf detail
Moroccan Trellis shade w/ dark grey (and gold detail) base
Slowly working on this piece...
Furniture labels=)
Trying to decide on a color for these 9 drawers
3 of the FOURTEEN chairs I've got to get started on....all different styles
COMPLETE...lighting was horrible when I took this pic but I'm very pleased with the way my hardware compliments this piece and the distressed, yet classy, finish it has.
Thinking burlap might work better on this lamp? It might be that gold that makes it look funny combined with burlap.
Gold=fancy
burlap=chic
Magazine rack....had to stop in the middle of this piece to give attention to the pup. Plans are to add turquoise to the legs and paint the base light grey
Been staring at this mirror for a week....I could go funky with it or formal. This thing has great curves and "personality"?!?
Light blue scones and of course gold leaf detail
Loving the detail on these lamps...as you can see.
9 drawer french provincial dresser (or cold be a sideboard?)
This is almost just like mine (pre-paint) but this is currently $1175 on Etsy. Yes, you read that price right. INSANE!
Fun candle sticks w/ gold leaf detail
Have a table and 4 chairs coming Friday and possibly a desk and chest of drawers today (If my sweet husband has time to pick them up?!)
Am I going too overboard with gold?? Please someone tell me....I just love gold but if others don't, I'll steer clear!
No comments:
Post a Comment