Furniture addict!!

Not sure when it started but its been an expensive, obsessive, fun hobby....I.LOVE.FURNITURE! New and old. Mostly old! I know I've blogged about my antiquing before and my husbands HATRED for all things "changed" (he thinks if there is nothing wrong with it, why "change out"?!....well...why not?!) My mom has always loved furniture and stuff so I guess that's where I get it! Sorry Nic!!

Whether I need it or not, I always find a way to convince myself that its a "must have" or "one of a kind"....I am just addicted! Bless me!

I really like mixing expensive pieces with older (less expensive) pieces. Style changes and SO DOES MY TASTE!! (ALL the time!!!) So, since my taste is continually changing and I can't seem to stop buying...I decided to start SELLING!! I still can't seem to convince my husband that this really is a good thing...will he ever come around?! A couple of months ago I came home with FOUR oriental rugs....I went to just LOOK and fell in love with 4. I knew I'd be in trouble but the beauty of those things was way more worth it and I knew in my head how beautiful they would look in the new house=)

Needless to say I was right, my husband WAS FURIOUS but I assured him I wasn't going to ask him for a penny and pay them off by the end of the month! (wrong thing to say to a guy that doesn't believe in plastic) Completely against his beliefs, I put these on my credit card so I could earn the points ........... I KEPT MY WORD....paid off without touching checking or savings....I am ecstatic!!

I helped my sister host 2 earring parties and I started refinishing and selling furniture that I compulsively purchased!

Only bad thing now is....After the time I put into finding the fun pieces and then refinishing or painting them...I want to keep them all. AHHHH....

Anyways...here are 2 of the beautiful rugs....I don't regret these purchases...I couldn't live without them!!!

I'm going for neutral colors in the new house because they are easier to match but was also told I can still mix in my darker rugs with these...we shall see! Rug for formal living, bedroom and hallway runner taken care of=) (what I failed to mention is that I sold 1 of my rugs to my mom because she knew I was in deep water...good thing we have similar taste!!)

I delivered these two pieces yesterday
 duncan phyfe drop leaf table painted with antique white and duck egg blue
  duncan phyfe drop leaf table painted with antique white and duck egg blue
 duncan phyfe drop leaf table painted with antique white and duck egg blue
My favorite part is the blue on the bottom side=)
 Also delivered these 6 antique chairs to a lady yesterday....she got a bargain. I bought these last year from an antique store, only reason I got rid of them is because I wanted to replace them with some a little bit taller. 
Such as this pretty ugly thing!
A trip to the Linen shop and we're in business...I LOVE my new chairs. That table and lamp are also recent projects- this picture was just staged! 
I'm kinda loving gold leaf right now....that is a Queen Anne coffee table painted in antique white w/ gold leaf accent-LOVE anything with gold=)

Another beautiful fabric I scored and recovered this arm chair too! 
More gold....I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN!!!

Stay tuned....I have some BEAUTIFUL gold leaf sconces in the works,  2 dining room tables, a french provincial 9 drawer dresser, the dresser above, 6 chairs, 2 benches and 2 screen door/jewelry displays. 

And ALL of this takes place INSIDE my house. Its a WRECK!! But...I just can't do that heat! 
 

 

2 comments:

CALLIE said...

Goodness gracious!!! I am so jealous that you are able to buy and refinish all of this. I would love to do the same, but there is absolutely no room! I have three pieces sitting in the attic just waiting to be redone when there is room.

I am curious about the dining room tables. My Mom is on the hunt for one.

Carrie E Rundhaug said...

Hey Kelly you have great taste in rugs I must say!! That second picture is one we have in our sitting room! :)