Last Friday night my wedding ring broke. I didn't loose a diamond or break a prong (which I've done both multiple times) the actual ring SNAPPED in two (yes, in HALF). I didn't cry or anything, instead I proceeded to complain A LOT because I was FURIOUS!
I was placing something in the kitchen drawer, as I pulled my hand out, my ring must have hit the top of the drawer/counter top and BAM... ring in two pieces. Is this normal? I think not.
So Saturday morning I pranced into Juniker Jewelers, insisting that Nic let me do all the talking (imagine that)....Man behind the counter, "Good Morning! What can we help you with today? I responded... "Yes you can help me, my wedding ring snapped in two pieces last night......" Man interrupts, "oh honey, we will have that fixed and looking like new in no time"
I was dumbfounded... I mean, HELLO did you not just hear what I said...RING BROKE IN TWOOOO PIECES?!
It's always something.. I just had some prongs replaced 3 months ago (for the 2nd time). I try and have it cleaned/checked every 6 months or so and it seems like EVERY time I go in-SOMETHING is loose. Can't I catch a break? (and I did, literally)
Nic goes back today to pick up my ring, $150 later-its back on my finger. I'm like...WE HAD TO PAY? Why did we have to pay for this? When you buy a ring, you expect it to last a lifetime. I understand loosing diamonds but a ring BREAKING into two pieces....seriously...that is bizarre!! Is this real gold?
Nic informed the guy that I work at a desk, so its not like I expose my ring to the outdoors (landscaping, etc) so how the heck did this happen. The guys response was "does she wear it everyday?" So Nic says "yes, that's why I bought it" Juniker Man "Oh....that's the problem, she shouldn't wear it all the time, it wears it down and weakens it" HUHHH?
Has anyone ever heard that? Don't wear your wedding/engagement ring everyday because you might "weaken it?" So Nic being a smart @$$ then asked the guy if the set of pearl earrings he just bought from them a few months ago was going to break if I wore them too much. The guy smiled and said "possibly"
Needless to say,The Meeks are done with Juniker. I hate that because they are such good people but whoever the idiot is that dealt with Nic REALLY set him off. Whether it was $150 or completely free, you don't expect your wedding ring to break in two when it hits a drawer/counter.
1 comment:
O.MY.GOOD.LORD...
Seriously, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. I would be FURIOUS. I would have been like "$150 my butt, you give me a new ring... ha!"
Post a Comment