As I've previously mentioned...we sold our house-the closing is today @ 1pm. I'm dreading it. I've been ok until the past 2 days. Knowing that I have to hand my keys and garage door opener to someone else is starting to bug me, a lot. Knowing that my neighbors will now become friends with this new girl and see less of me is REALLY making me sad. Knowing that someone else gets to just walk in and enjoy my big (long waited for) patio makes me ill!!! I've made some of my closest friends in that neighborhood. I'm going to miss the neighborhood parties (Christmas, Halloween, Spring Crawfish Boil,etc), supper club, friends to walk with, wine night/beer night on the patio, smores by the fire, water balloons shot at my house, kids coming over to ask if "Remi can play", couponing with Brooke, playing with/visiting all the beautiful babies & kids (Abbey, Kate Douglas, Walker, Jack, John Grady, Mary Alice, Jake, Baker & Caleb) and golf cart rides around the neighborhood.
I'll also miss several people from the neighborhoods around me. During my walks, I've met lots of wonderful people (mostly because they stop me to pet Remi) in the surrounding neighborhoods. When I don't walk for a week or 2, they stop and ask where I've been or "I thought you moved". Unfortunately, I haven't walked lately because of all of this moving business and my mouth issues so....lots of them don't know I'm even moving. Will I make friends like this at the new house? I sure hope so.
This was my first "big purchase".... I remember the day we closed. I was a NERVOUS WRECK. I got engaged at this house. I raised my first "inside" dog in this house. (ok, he's like a child) I watched Nic transform my entire yard, bringing in LOADS of dirt & sod. Laying paver after paver, building me outdoor countertops and spending countless hours perfecting every aspect of the patio and landscape.
Sad about leaving my beautiful yard-the roses are blooming-I used to cut these and put them in every room of my house. My crape myrtle has finally grown big (which was given to me when my grandfather passed away) -I wanted to take it with me but Nic said it probably wouldn't live if we did=(
Oh gosh... I've just been so busy boxing and moving stuff to the rental house, picking out house details for the new house and dealing with my stupid tooth that I haven't had time to get sad, but... now its hitting me.
I'm anxious to meet this "new girl" at closing today. I wonder what she'll decorate my house like or if she'll take care of/maintain the landscape-and I wonder if she'll entertain like we did and even utilize the patio? For my neighbors sake, I hope she's cool/fun but I hope they don't like her more than me, ha!
"New girl"-I hope you continue to make fun/happy memories in this house like we did.
1 comment:
Ok...sitting at my desk in tears!! haha!
1. We will ALL miss you!! You are the best neighbor anyone could ask for!
2. We could NEVER like new girl more, I mean who is cooler than you??
3. You and Nic are still invited to EVERY Pinebrook function.
4. Your new house is gonna ROCK!!! Be HAPPY! And I am so jealous of you new neighbors!
Post a Comment