R & R

This past weekend was very relaxing, I hate that it had to end.  I think I'm one of the very few people that didn't take part in the Warrior Dash. We had plans of going to a lake in Tuscaloosa for the weekend but after all the rain last week, Nic got really behind with work, so....no traveling for us. Instead, I FINALLY unboxed some stuff, organized the house, cleaned a little and got some much needed z's!

Friday afternoon when I returned from a long week on the road, Nic took me to Julep for dinner and drinks. Perfect choice! I had been craving a strawberry pecan salad for over a week and THEIRS IS THE BEST!

We tried the butter bean hummus for an appetizer. Loved it! Neither of us have ever had this dish. I highly recommend it! Nic is already coming up with his own recipe for this so we can make it at home!!
Of course after I ordered my entree and recieved it, I decided I liked Nic's food better. (this always happens and he is so sweet to always trade!!) I had the blackened tuna filet and he got the "award winning fried chicken!" Who doesn't love good ole friend chicken?!


Saturday night Nic cooked a wonderful meal for me and 3 of my favorite girls, Bridgett, Abbey & Kate Douglas. Bridgett's husband was out of town so they came over for dinner and we stayed up late playing!!
Abbey modeling my boots
One of the happiest little girls I know!
Kate Douglas follows Abbey's every step!
Time for PJ's
Both girls are facinated by a cowbell=)
And abbey loves saying "gooooo dogs"
Abbey found a magnifying glass in Nic's office and couldn't put it down.

Loved playing with my precious little friends! Good to know that even though we've moved across town, I still get to see them=)

A cute fact about Abbey....when she gets sleepy, she craws in your lap and puts her hand in your hand. She likes for you to hold/rub her hand while massaging her foot too! How cute is that? A 2 yr old already demanding foot massages!

Sunday morning we slept in-skipped church (oops!), had brunch @ Mint and I got to do a little shopping with the hubs!

Love starting off our morning with a cold mimosa=)
Of course I knew the chicken would be a good bet so I did the chicken and waffles, DELISH!

To end our wonderful weekend, we went to the movies Sunday night and saw "The Lucky One". I LOVED IT!! I highly recommend this movie to everyone.


Zac Efron was pretty cute in the movie too=)

No comments: