The spirit of easter is all about Hope, Love and Joyfull living. Happy Easter weekend!!
My week has taken a HUGE turn. Had plans of packing every night, moving stuff little by little to the rental house so that we could ENJOY Easter weekend, walking Remi every night so we could tell people "bye" before we head out this weekend, spending time visiting with my neighbors, etc.... Well Monday and Tuesday, I had tooth pain and what I thought was an ulcer. Fast-forward.. Tuesday night, I didn't sleep a wink so Wednesday I went to the dentist. My face was swelling and he took 1 look and said....you need a root canal immediately. (he told me this 2 months ago but I am stubborn and didn't want to go that route) Needless to say....I had to rush to an endodonist and have a PAINFUL PAINFUL "emergency" root canal. 5 shots later, he finally numbed it enough that he could "work" on it. With a swollen face, its obviously hard to numb a tooth.
I thought the root canal would be instant relief. Um...not so much. I'm on heavy pain meds, advil every 4 hours and going on about 3 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. Tired, cranky and in pain. Oh yea... and my face...well its only swelling worse. Kept ice on it all night last night thinking that would help the swelling. Nope. Woke up today and its near my eye now... not much longer and eye will be swollen shut.
INSANE, isn't it? Abscess tooth can do all of this.
A lady that works for my dentist told me that she's had 4 kids (1 naturally) and that the pain I'm in (before root canal) is MUCH worse than any pain I'd ever be in having a child.. Wow... I'm glad someone understands! (and now I don't believe I'll be as scared to have a kid, ha) I think it took my face swelling like a chipmonk for Nic to understand exactly what I meant about being in pain.
I've broken bones, fractured bones, had stitches, been hit in the eye by a baseball, bit by a dog, etc...NEVER HAVE I EVER BEEN IN AS MUCH PAIN I WAS IN WITH THIS ABSCESS TOOTH.
People, go to the dentist regularly and when they say root canal, I promise it'll be the best $ you've ever spent! Once the tooth dies and infection sets in-your whole face pays for it-MISERABLE!

No comments:
Post a Comment