I woke up at 5:45 this morning starving. I think its something about knowing I couldn't eat that makes me wake up so anxious and hungry?! Good news is..... I lived and was able to eat crackers and have ginger ale in post op.
I couldn't wait to blog today about how great everything was. Our entire experience today was so wonderful. The pre-op nurse, Amy, was so informative with us and explained how the entire procedure was going to go. She gave us details about who all would come in and meet with me (doctor performing retrieval surgery, OR nurse and anesthesiologist) Everyone came by, as promised, and each explained everything to us again and asked what questions we had. I know this seems basic but I have never been given this type of treatment. I felt like I was the only one in the OR today and I wasn't. I was actually the 6th surgery they had and there was 2 more after me. CCRM has it going on....that's all I can say about that. Their staff is the best of the best.
When we pulled up this morning, we had special parking. We parked in an underground parking garage that we had to be buzzed into. Pretty cool concept because when surgery is over and they roll you out, they roll you straight to your car (and there is nobody out there staring!)
Before the OR nurse rolled me back, Nic and I prayed together and specifically prayed that they would retrieve more eggs than our last IVF cycle. Selfishly we just want as many as my body can make because as we've experienced before, after fertilization, we could end up with less than 1/2 or 1/4 of them left. Although they do ultrasounds each day and see the follicles, there isn't always an egg in each follicle so they have to guestimate how many they think you'll have. They guesstimated 12 this morning and then I had FIFTEEN (15) retrieved. Giving HIM all the glory. This is 1 more than we had last year and its 3 more than they expected. 15 is a wonderful # and we are so grateful and still a little giddy.
Fuzzy socks are a must. This is a pair a coworker gave me last year and I like to think they are my good luck charm.
My sweet Nic cheering me on before and after the procedure. No makeup, no moisturizer, no lotions, no perfumes, no jewelry and no food and I'm still smiling. I am so fortunate, without a doubt.
After surgery, they tell you to drink plenty of fluids and eat salty food. The follicles (where the eggs were removed) fill with fluid and you can overstimulate (ovaries get super huge and full of fluid) so eating salty foods and staying hydrated helps. I follow orders well and since I'm so happy to eat and drink again...I AM ON IT!
Post op went well and I was released by 1:00.
Although this trip/journey has changed a little and we had a few hurdles/setbacks, I am thankful. The detours redirected me to something better. Thankful that my plan wasn't HIS plan. If I had my way, I would have had my cycle on 9/9 (like we had expected) and started my stim shots 2 days later. Instead, it was 5 days late and my body had 5 extra days to get ready. I had 5 extra days to spend with my momma and although neither of us knew at time how important that time together was going to be, God knew we both needed it. We made some of the best memories and had so much fun even during such a frustrating and "unknown time" for me.
Thankful the Lord forced me to let go of the things I wanted most because now I know they were wrong for me. I deserved more. He was teaching me how to be patient because he had better things coming by way. Always, always thankful for his grace, strength and courage.
This journey has never been mine entirely to take and I do not know what is best for me but HE has every detail all planned out.
We will receive a call tomorrow from the embryologist letting us know how many of the 15 eggs fertilized and grew. Then we will get a call next Sunday letting us know how many made it to blastocyst and are ready for testing. We elected to test all of our embryos (this was recommended since our miscarriage showed that Baby Meeks had trisomy 13 (extra chromosome/abnormal embryo ). They will start the testing next Sunday and it will be a 2 week wait. Nobody likes to wait and although I've been working on patience and trusting in HIM, this is a struggle for me.
Isaiah 40:31 but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
You give life, You are love
You bring light to the darkness
You give hope, You restore
Every heart that is broken
Great are You, Lord
You bring light to the darkness
You give hope, You restore
Every heart that is broken
Great are You, Lord
It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise
We pour out our praise
It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise to You only
So we pour out our praise
We pour out our praise
It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise to You only
XOXO



No comments:
Post a Comment